- 1 How far is Brisbane to Cairns by plane?
- 2 How far is Cairns from Brisbane by car?
- 3 How long is the train from Cairns to Brisbane?
- 4 How many days does it take to drive to Cairns from Brisbane?
- 5 Can you see Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane?
- 6 Which city is closest to the Great Barrier Reef?
- 7 How many days in Brisbane is enough?
- 8 What town is halfway between Brisbane and Cairns?
- 9 Where should I stop driving from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 10 How much does the train cost from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 11 Can you catch a train from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 12 How many hours drive from Gold Coast to Cairns?
- 13 Where should I stop between Sydney and Brisbane?
- 14 How long is the drive from Sydney to Brisbane?
How far is Brisbane to Cairns by plane?
The average flight time for direct flights from Brisbane to Cairns is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The average distance by plane from Brisbane to Cairns is 1700 kilometres.
How far is Cairns from Brisbane by car?
The distance between the cities is quite big, at 1,678.5 km (1,042.9 miles), it’s a lengthy road trip. It may not be one of the longest road trips in Australia you can do, but it’s still a big drive! The Brisbane to Cairns drive time would be around 18 hours if you decided to do the whole trip in one go!
How long is the train from Cairns to Brisbane?
The Spirit of Queensland is a modern tilt train that runs the length of the Queensland coast between Brisbane and Cairns. The train makes the 1681km journey five times per week. The Spirit of Queensland has a maximum speed of 160km/h and the entire trip takes 24 hours.
How many days does it take to drive to Cairns from Brisbane?
How long does it take to drive from Brisbane to Cairns? 19.5 hours non-stop. This is along the Bruce Highway and uses toll roads. We recommend spending at least 3 days on this drive to have time to explore and take breaks.
Can you see Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane?
You don’t need to travel 1800 kilometres all the way up to Cairns or take an expensive plane flight to see the Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane. Just a short four hours north of Brisbane and you reach the Southern Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
Which city is closest to the Great Barrier Reef?
Due to the attraction being in the middle of the ocean, all visitors must boat to the reef from one of the nearby coastal cities. By far the closest, and easiest city to choose is Cairns, being the to-go place for Great Barrier Reef tours.
How many days in Brisbane is enough?
If you only want to see the city highlights, then 2-3 days is fine. But if you want to see all of Brisbane and take day trips to surrounding destinations then you could very well need 5-7 days, if not longer.
What town is halfway between Brisbane and Cairns?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Brisbane, Australia to Cairns, Australia is Middlemount, Australia.
Where should I stop driving from Brisbane to Cairns?
The ultimate Brisbane to Cairns road trip itinerary, straight up the Bruce Highway along Queensland’s tropical Pacific coast and taking in the best places to stop including Fraser Island, Bundaberg, Rockhampton and Townsville.
How much does the train cost from Brisbane to Cairns?
The best way to get from Brisbane to Cairns without a car is to train which takes 24h 45m and costs $170 – $370.
Can you catch a train from Brisbane to Cairns?
You can catch the Brisbane to Cairns train five times a week and have the option of booking RailBed or Premium Economy seats.
How many hours drive from Gold Coast to Cairns?
Driving directly between the Gold Coast and Cairns would take about 20 hours, but doing the drive in one go would be a mistake (as well as tiring and uncomfortable) because there are so many amazing things to see and do along the way.
Where should I stop between Sydney and Brisbane?
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Sydney?
- Blue Mountains. The UNESCO Heritage wonderland is only 2 hours north of Sydney, and an overnight stay will allow you time to visit the best lookouts and take in a couple of walks.
- Hunter Valley.
- Port Stephens.
- Port Macquarie.
- South West Rocks.
- Coffs Harbour.
How long is the drive from Sydney to Brisbane?
The 570-mile route from Brisbane to Sydney can be raced through in about 10 hours, but with so much to see on route, this really is the sort of trip you want to take your time over.