- 1 How long is it to drive from Melbourne to Brisbane?
- 2 What direction is Melbourne to Brisbane?
- 3 What town is halfway between Melbourne and Brisbane?
- 4 Where should I stop between Brisbane and Melbourne?
- 5 Can you get a train from Melbourne to Brisbane?
- 6 What is the cost of a train ticket from Sydney to Brisbane?
- 7 Where should I stop driving from Melbourne to Gold Coast?
- 8 Why does the sun set so late in Melbourne?
- 9 How far is Brisbane from the NSW border?
- 10 Why is sunset later in Melbourne than Sydney?
- 11 Is living in Brisbane expensive?
- 12 Is Brisbane or Melbourne better?
- 13 What is the best month to visit Brisbane?
How long is it to drive from Melbourne to Brisbane?
By Car. The quickest route between Melbourne and Brisbane takes about 18 hours and cuts a path through central Victoria and New South Wales. However, a slightly longer coastal route (21 hours) would be of more interest to most travelers.
What direction is Melbourne to Brisbane?
The initial bearing on the course from Melbourne to Brisbane is 33.21° and the compass direction is NNE. The geographic midpoint between Melbourne and Brisbane is in 427.14 mi (687.41 km) distance between both points in a bearing of 33.21°. It is located in Australia, New South Wales, Dubbo Regional Council, Yarrabin.
What town is halfway between Melbourne and Brisbane?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Melbourne, Australia to Brisbane, Australia is Wellington, Australia.
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Melbourne?
Points of Interest
- Stop 1 Brisbane to Byron. Time: 2 hours.
- Stop 2 & 3 Byron to Port Macquarie via Coffs Harbour. Time: 4 hour 40 mins drive time.
- Stop 4 & 5 Port Macquarie to Sydney via Port Stephens.
- Stop 6 & 7 Sydney to Canberra via the Southern Highlands.
- Stop 8 Canberra to Falls Creek.
- Stop 9 Falls Creek to Melbourne.
Can you get a train from Melbourne to Brisbane?
No, there is no direct train from Melbourne to Brisbane. However, there are services departing from Southern Cross and arriving at Brisbane via Central Station. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 26h 21m. The distance between Melbourne and Brisbane is 1375 km.
What is the cost of a train ticket from Sydney to Brisbane?
The best way to get from Sydney to Brisbane without a car is to train which takes 14h 12m and costs $95 – $140.
Where should I stop driving from Melbourne to Gold Coast?
Melbourne to Gold Coast Drive If you are planning a road trip to Gold Coast from Melbourne, some top places worth stopping along the way are Benalla, Coffs Harbour and Lennox Head.
Why does the sun set so late in Melbourne?
In fact, the east-west distance between Melbourne and Sydney is almost exactly the same as the east-west distance between Melbourne and Adelaide. (Both are just over 6 degrees of longitude difference). The result of this is different times of daylight. Both sunrise and sunset are later in Melbourne, all year round.
How far is Brisbane from the NSW border?
The distance between Brisbane and New South Wales is 740 km.
Why is sunset later in Melbourne than Sydney?
The sun (and all celestial bodies) travels 15 degrees/hour across the sky. So, since the difference in longitude is about 6.25 degrees, the sun should rise about 25 minutes later in Melbourne than Sydney.
Is living in Brisbane expensive?
The average cost for a single person to live comfortably in Brisbane is from $400 to $750 per week depending on your living circumstances. Use this calculator to get a rough idea of your estimated living expenses.
Is Brisbane or Melbourne better?
A global survey of 150 top cities recently ranked Brisbane as the 39th best city in the world to raise a family, outranking both Sydney (47th) and Melbourne (50th).
What is the best month to visit Brisbane?
The best time to visit Brisbane is from March to May – autumn in the Southern Hemisphere. Temperatures during this season hover between the high 50s and mid-80s with little rainfall later in the season.