- 1 How many days does it take to drive to Cairns from Brisbane?
- 2 What is there to do on a road trip from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 3 What town is halfway between Brisbane and Cairns?
- 4 How many hours drive from Gold Coast to Cairns?
- 5 Where should I stop between Brisbane and Rockhampton?
- 6 Where should I stop between Brisbane and Townsville?
- 7 Can you catch a train to Cairns?
- 8 How many days do you need in Cairns?
- 9 Can you see Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane?
- 10 Which city is closest to the Great Barrier Reef?
- 11 What town is halfway between Gladstone and Cairns?
- 12 How long is the drive from Sydney to Brisbane?
- 13 How far is Brisbane to Cairns by plane?
How many days does it take to drive to Cairns from Brisbane?
How long does it take to drive from Brisbane to Cairns? 19.5 hours non-stop. This is along the Bruce Highway and uses toll roads. We recommend spending at least 3 days on this drive to have time to explore and take breaks.
What is there to do on a road trip from Brisbane to Cairns?
Day 1: Brisbane to Fraser Island
- Stop 1: Noosa River.
- Stop 2: Gympie.
- Stop 3: Whale watching at Hervey Bay.
- Stop 1: Visit the Bundy Distillery.
- Stop 2: Rest and Dine.
- Stop 1: Gin Gin.
- Stop 2: Drive to Rocky.
- Stop 3: Stay in Rockhampton.
What town is halfway between Brisbane and Cairns?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Brisbane, Australia to Cairns, Australia is Middlemount, Australia.
How many hours drive from Gold Coast to Cairns?
Driving directly between the Gold Coast and Cairns would take about 20 hours, but doing the drive in one go would be a mistake (as well as tiring and uncomfortable) because there are so many amazing things to see and do along the way.
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Rockhampton?
First up on this Brisbane to Rockhampton road-trip is the coastal town of Noosa, located about 2 hours from Brisbane. Along the way, there are plenty of worthy attractions to split-up the drive – including Australia Zoo, the Big Pineapple aka Willdlife HQ, and Sunshine Castle.
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Townsville?
The Most Amazing Stops on a Brisbane to Townsville Road Trip
- Stop 1: Brisbane.
- Stop 2: Noosa.
- Stop 3: Rainbow Beach & Tin Can Bay.
- Stop 4: Hervey Bay.
- Stop 5: Fraser Island.
- Stop 6: Bundaberg.
- Stop 7: Agnes Waters & Seventeen Seventy.
- Stop 8: Rockhampton.
Can you catch a train to Cairns?
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Brisbane Roma Street and arriving at Cairns Central Station station. Services depart five times a week, and operate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The journey takes approximately 24h 45m.
How many days do you need in Cairns?
Honestly, a lifetime is not enough to explore and enjoy all the amazing natural wonders of Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. But if you can’t spend your life on holiday, we recommend at least three days in Cairns to discover the main attractions. If you have more time, great!
Can you see Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane?
You don’t need to travel 1800 kilometres all the way up to Cairns or take an expensive plane flight to see the Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane. Just a short four hours north of Brisbane and you reach the Southern Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
Which city is closest to the Great Barrier Reef?
Due to the attraction being in the middle of the ocean, all visitors must boat to the reef from one of the nearby coastal cities. By far the closest, and easiest city to choose is Cairns, being the to-go place for Great Barrier Reef tours.
What town is halfway between Gladstone and Cairns?
Halfway between Cairns and Gladstone The best place to meet based on recommendations from Trippy members is Airlie Beach. The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Whitsundays Region.
How long is the drive from Sydney to Brisbane?
The 570-mile route from Brisbane to Sydney can be raced through in about 10 hours, but with so much to see on route, this really is the sort of trip you want to take your time over.
How far is Brisbane to Cairns by plane?
The average flight time for direct flights from Brisbane to Cairns is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The average distance by plane from Brisbane to Cairns is 1700 kilometres.