- 1 How many days does it take to drive to Cairns from Brisbane?
- 2 What is there to do on a road trip from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 3 How far is Cairns from Brisbane by road?
- 4 What town is halfway between Brisbane and Cairns?
- 5 How many hours drive from Gold Coast to Cairns?
- 6 How long does the train take from Cairns to Brisbane?
- 7 How do I get from Brisbane to Cairns?
- 8 Can you see Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane?
- 9 How many days in Brisbane is enough?
- 10 How long is the drive from Sydney to Brisbane?
- 11 How much does it cost to go from Sydney to Brisbane by train?
- 12 What is there to do between Townsville and Cairns?
- 13 How far is Brisbane to Cairns by plane?
How many days does it take to drive to Cairns from Brisbane?
How long does it take to drive from Brisbane to Cairns? 19.5 hours non-stop. This is along the Bruce Highway and uses toll roads. We recommend spending at least 3 days on this drive to have time to explore and take breaks.
What is there to do on a road trip from Brisbane to Cairns?
Day 1: Brisbane to Fraser Island
- Stop 1: Noosa River.
- Stop 2: Gympie.
- Stop 3: Whale watching at Hervey Bay.
- Stop 1: Visit the Bundy Distillery.
- Stop 2: Rest and Dine.
- Stop 1: Gin Gin.
- Stop 2: Drive to Rocky.
- Stop 3: Stay in Rockhampton.
How far is Cairns from Brisbane by road?
The distance between the cities is quite big, at 1,678.5 km (1,042.9 miles), it’s a lengthy road trip. It may not be one of the longest road trips in Australia you can do, but it’s still a big drive! The Brisbane to Cairns drive time would be around 18 hours if you decided to do the whole trip in one go!
What town is halfway between Brisbane and Cairns?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Brisbane, Australia to Cairns, Australia is Middlemount, Australia.
How many hours drive from Gold Coast to Cairns?
Driving directly between the Gold Coast and Cairns would take about 20 hours, but doing the drive in one go would be a mistake (as well as tiring and uncomfortable) because there are so many amazing things to see and do along the way.
How long does the train take from Cairns to Brisbane?
Is there a direct train between Cairns and Brisbane? Yes, there is a direct train departing from Cairns Central Station station and arriving at Brisbane Roma Street. Services depart five times a week, and operate Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. The journey takes approximately 24h 45m.
How do I get from Brisbane to Cairns?
Jetstar, Qantas and Virgin Australia fly from Brisbane to Cairns hourly. Alternatively, Queensland Rail Travel operates a train from Brisbane Roma Street to Cairns Central Station 5 times a week. Tickets cost $170 – $370 and the journey takes 24h 45m.
Can you see Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane?
You don’t need to travel 1800 kilometres all the way up to Cairns or take an expensive plane flight to see the Great Barrier Reef from Brisbane. Just a short four hours north of Brisbane and you reach the Southern Gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
How many days in Brisbane is enough?
If you only want to see the city highlights, then 2-3 days is fine. But if you want to see all of Brisbane and take day trips to surrounding destinations then you could very well need 5-7 days, if not longer.
How long is the drive from Sydney to Brisbane?
The 570-mile route from Brisbane to Sydney can be raced through in about 10 hours, but with so much to see on route, this really is the sort of trip you want to take your time over.
How much does it cost to go from Sydney to Brisbane by train?
The best way to get from Sydney to Brisbane without a car is to train which takes 14h 12m and costs $95 – $140.
What is there to do between Townsville and Cairns?
Cairns to Townsville Road Trip: Day 1
- Cairns Lagoon.
- Emerald green pools of Behana Gorge.
- Babinda Boulders.
- Josephine Falls.
- The Grand Staircase, Paronella Park.
- Mission Beach.
- Vibrant Cardwell Spa Pools.
- Wallaman Falls from the base.
How far is Brisbane to Cairns by plane?
The average flight time for direct flights from Brisbane to Cairns is 2 hours and 20 minutes. The average distance by plane from Brisbane to Cairns is 1700 kilometres.