- 1 How long is it to drive from Melbourne to Brisbane?
- 2 How far apart is Melbourne and Brisbane?
- 3 What town is halfway between Melbourne and Brisbane?
- 4 Where should I stop between Brisbane and Melbourne?
- 5 Is living in Brisbane expensive?
- 6 Is Brisbane better than Melbourne?
- 7 What is the coldest month in Brisbane?
- 8 Can you catch a train from Brisbane to Melbourne?
- 9 How much does it cost to go from Sydney to Brisbane by train?
- 10 Why does the sun set so late in Melbourne?
- 11 How far is Brisbane from the NSW border?
- 12 Why is sunset later in Melbourne than Sydney?
How long is it to drive from Melbourne to Brisbane?
By Car. The quickest route between Melbourne and Brisbane takes about 18 hours and cuts a path through central Victoria and New South Wales. However, a slightly longer coastal route (21 hours) would be of more interest to most travelers.
How far apart is Melbourne and Brisbane?
The shortest distance (air line) between Melbourne and Brisbane is 854.27 mi (1,374.82 km). The shortest route between Melbourne and Brisbane is 1,098.93 mi (1,768.56 km) according to the route planner. The driving time is approx. 20h 48min.
What town is halfway between Melbourne and Brisbane?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Melbourne, Australia to Brisbane, Australia is Wellington, Australia.
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Melbourne?
Points of Interest
- Stop 1 Brisbane to Byron. Time: 2 hours.
- Stop 2 & 3 Byron to Port Macquarie via Coffs Harbour. Time: 4 hour 40 mins drive time.
- Stop 4 & 5 Port Macquarie to Sydney via Port Stephens.
- Stop 6 & 7 Sydney to Canberra via the Southern Highlands.
- Stop 8 Canberra to Falls Creek.
- Stop 9 Falls Creek to Melbourne.
Is living in Brisbane expensive?
The average cost for a single person to live comfortably in Brisbane is from $400 to $750 per week depending on your living circumstances. Use this calculator to get a rough idea of your estimated living expenses.
Is Brisbane better than Melbourne?
Brisbane is smaller than Melbourne and is a very walkable city. Melbourne is a much larger city with more people, and tourists can sometimes be vulnerable to crime. Both cities are considered relatively safe but touring with a group is best.
What is the coldest month in Brisbane?
June and July are the coldest months, with average maximums of about 22 °C (72 °F); maximum temperatures below 20 °C (68 °F) are rare.
Can you catch a train from Brisbane to Melbourne?
No, there is no direct train from Brisbane to Melbourne. However, there are services departing from Brisbane and arriving at Southern Cross via Central Station.
How much does it cost to go from Sydney to Brisbane by train?
The best way to get from Sydney to Brisbane without a car is to train which takes 14h 12m and costs $95 – $140.
Why does the sun set so late in Melbourne?
In fact, the east-west distance between Melbourne and Sydney is almost exactly the same as the east-west distance between Melbourne and Adelaide. (Both are just over 6 degrees of longitude difference). The result of this is different times of daylight. Both sunrise and sunset are later in Melbourne, all year round.
How far is Brisbane from the NSW border?
The distance between Brisbane and New South Wales is 740 km.
Why is sunset later in Melbourne than Sydney?
The sun (and all celestial bodies) travels 15 degrees/hour across the sky. So, since the difference in longitude is about 6.25 degrees, the sun should rise about 25 minutes later in Melbourne than Sydney.