- 1 What is the best way to get to Santorini?
- 2 What airport do you fly to to get to Santorini?
- 3 Can you fly direct to Santorini?
- 4 Can you fly direct to Santorini from Ireland?
- 5 Is Santorini cheap or expensive?
- 6 Is Santorini expensive to eat and drink?
- 7 Is it cheaper to fly into Athens or Santorini?
- 8 Does Santorini have a beach?
- 9 How many days do you need in Santorini?
- 10 Which is the best part of Santorini to stay?
- 11 Does Santorini have airport?
- 12 How long is a ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 13 How far is Santorini from airport?
- 14 What airport does Ryanair fly into in Santorini?
- 15 How do I get from Dublin to Santorini?
What is the best way to get to Santorini?
You can travel either by plane (Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”) or by ferryboat (Piraeus Port). There are also links between Santorini and other Greek islands. The flight is the quickest, easiest and most direct way as it lasts more or less 40 minutes and you can book your tickets in advance.
What airport do you fly to to get to Santorini?
How to get to Santorini. Santorini National Airport (JTR), also known as Thira Airport, is located in the central eastern part of the island near Kamari.
Can you fly direct to Santorini?
There are 5 airports in Greece that have non-stop domestic flights to Santorini. From Athens, there are 5 airlines that have direct services to Santorini, which are Aegean (Star Alliance), Olympic Air, Ryanair, Sky Express and Volotea. From Mykonos, you can fly non-stop with Condor or Luxair.
Can you fly direct to Santorini from Ireland?
Either easyJet, Thomson, Thomas Cook, Norwegian Air – all fly direct to Santorini.
Is Santorini cheap or expensive?
Is it expensive to live in Santorini? Another good judge of a location is by daily living costs. And alas, Santorini (as with many Greek islands) is an expensive island to live on. One big consideration is that many prime living areas are taken up with hotels and holiday rentals.
Is Santorini expensive to eat and drink?
A sit-down meal in Santorini can be expensive if it comes with a view, but there are cheaper places as well. Wine can often be found cheaper than beer, and happy hour specials bring the price down more.
Is it cheaper to fly into Athens or Santorini?
When we compare the travel costs of actual travelers between Santorini and Athens, we can see that Santorini is more expensive. And not only is Athens much less expensive, but it is actually a significantly cheaper destination. So, traveling to Athens would let you spend less money overall.
Does Santorini have a beach?
The beaches in Santorini are much different than other beaches in Greece due to their special geological features. The most famous of Santorini beaches is the Red beach, while particularly popular are Perissa beach, Kamari beach and Perivolos beach.
How many days do you need in Santorini?
We recommend 3 to 5 days in Santorini in order to visit as many places as possible. Santorini is a very interesting island and except from Oia, the volcano and the amazing views, there are many things to see and do. But you can also do it in 24 hours and many day trips are proposed from other nearby islands.
Which is the best part of Santorini to stay?
The best area to stay in Santorini is Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and Oia. These are the towns that make Santorini so special. If it’s your first time on the island, you should definitely stay on the caldera side, as that’s what Santorini is famous for.
Does Santorini have airport?
Santorini Airport (JTR)
How long is a ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
Traveling from Athens (port of Piraeus) to Santorini by ferry. The ferry route Piraeus to Santorini normally lasts from 4 hours to 5 hours with a high-speed ferry and the average ticket cost is €40.
How far is Santorini from airport?
The distance between Santorini Airport (JTR) and Santorini Port is 4 km.
What airport does Ryanair fly into in Santorini?
Ryanair | Santorini Airport ( JTR )
How do I get from Dublin to Santorini?
Car ferry, bus and ferry, night train, bus, ferry • 3 days 15h
- Take the car ferry from Dublin to Bootle.
- Take the bus and ferry from Liverpool Elmway close to Bucharest.
- Take the night train from Gara Bucureşti Nord to Ruse.
- Take the bus from Ruse to Piraeus.
- Take the ferry from Piraeus to Santorini Bsf.