- 1 What can you do in Brisbane for free?
- 2 How can I have fun in Brisbane?
- 3 What is there to do in Brisbane right now?
- 4 Is Brisbane Australia worth visiting?
- 5 Which ferry is free in Brisbane?
- 6 What can you do in Brisbane for free at night?
- 7 What are fun activities for adults?
- 8 What can you do in Brisbane alone?
- 9 How do people in Brisbane celebrate birthdays?
- 10 What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
- 11 What is there to do in Brisbane at night?
- 12 Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
- 13 What is the coldest month in Brisbane?
- 14 What do you call a person from Brisbane?
- 15 Is it better to live in Brisbane or Melbourne?
What can you do in Brisbane for free?
30 free things to do in Brisbane
- Go for a dip at Streets Beach.
- Wander through the air-conditioned halls of QAGOMA.
- Catch the CityHopper along the river.
- Explore the local farmers’ markets.
- Catch local artists free with City Sounds.
- Lie on the grass at New Farm Park.
- Wander back to The City via the Riverwalk.
How can I have fun in Brisbane?
Tick off all 93 things to do on Brisbane’s bucket list
- Go on a clock tower tour up Brisbane City Hall.
- Watch the sunrise over The City from Mt Coot-tha.
- Visit a local craft brewery.
- Night kayaking the wrecks on Moreton Island.
- Catch a gig in an old WWII hangar at The Triffid.
- Experience world-class art at QAGOMA.
What is there to do in Brisbane right now?
What’s on in Brisbane
- REGIONAL FLAVOURS GLOBAL FIESTA | 16-17 OCT.
- THE BRISBANE SPRING RACING CARNIVAL | 9 OCT – 6 NOV.
- MEDIBANK FEEL GOOD PROGRAM SOUTH BANK | 4 OCT – 4 DEC.
- MOSAIC Multicultural Festival | 10 OCT.
- VALLEY FIESTA | 28 – 30 OCT.
- THE OYSTER & SEAFOOD FESTIVAL| 16 OCT.
- VAN GOGH ALIVE | FROM 29 OCT.
Is Brisbane Australia worth visiting?
You may be fooled into thinking that Brisbane isn’t worth visiting when you’re touring Australia. A modern city without the rich history of Melbourne or Sydney, with less culture to offer on the surface. However, Australia’s third largest city packs a massive punch when it comes to places to visit and things to see.
Which ferry is free in Brisbane?
Brisbane City Council’s CityHopper is a free inner city ferry service for the Brisbane River. You can hop on and hop off the CityHopper at six stops between North Quay and Sydney Street, New Farm. The service runs every 30 minutes between 5.30am and midnight, seven days a week.
What can you do in Brisbane for free at night?
Free Things to Do in Brisbane at night
- Watch some free comedy. Yes really!
- Have a Barbecue at Kangaroo Point.
- Watch the Sunset at Mt Coot-tha.
- Wander around the night markets.
- Explore the sights and smells at Eat Street.
- Check out the view of the city from the Clock Tower.
- Have a late night picnic at Wilsons Outlook.
What are fun activities for adults?
Fun Group Activities for Adults
- Take a cooking class. If there’s one thing that binds all of us together, it’s our love of a good meal.
- Learn how to give a massage.
- Take a mixology class.
- Take an art class together.
- Go bowling.
- Sample your area’s best wines.
- Tour your city together.
- Stretch out during a yoga class.
What can you do in Brisbane alone?
36 Things to do Alone in Brisbane
- Shop at Queen Street Mall in CBD.
- Wander around James Street Precinct in Fortitude Valley.
- Watch a show at Brisbane Powerhouse in New Farm.
- Hang out in the artsy bohemian neighbourhood in the West End.
- Search for vintage treasures and antiques at Paddington.
- Rent a bicycle from CityCyle.
How do people in Brisbane celebrate birthdays?
Eight Activities to Plan For Your Birthday When You Want to Do More Than Just Dinner or Drinks
- DESCEND INTO NETHERWORLD FOR VINTAGE ARCADE GAMES AND DRINKS.
- PLAY FOR KEEPS AT B. LUCKY AND SONS.
- GET BOUNCY AT SKY ZONE’S TRAMPOLINE PARK.
- PLAY DIGITAL BEER PONG AT IPONG BRISBANE.
- GET CRAFTY AT MAS & MIEK CERAMIC HOUSE.
What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
The Ten Best Ways to Spend a Sunday in Brisbane
- Leftover Sundays at Depo.
- Eat Street Markets.
- Limes Rooftop Bar.
- Kettle and Tin.
- Livespark at the Powerhouse.
- Chester Street Bakery and Bar.
- Sunday Sessions on the Green at River Quay.
- Sixes and Sevens.
What is there to do in Brisbane at night?
26 things to do after dark around Brisbane
- Twilight Kayak Adventure.
- Look to the stars.
- Picnic by the river.
- Drown yourself in food at Eat Street Northshore.
- Get spooked with ghost tours.
- It’s a kayak life for me.
- Paint and Sip.
- Climb into the night.
Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
15 weekend activities in Brisbane that won’t break the bank
- Stuff yourself silly at Eat Street.
- Seek out wildlife at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Gather your friends for a barbecue at Kangaroo Point.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour of Brisbane.
- Show your colours on game day.
- Reap the benefits of your student card at the movies.
What is the coldest month in Brisbane?
June and July are the coldest months, with average maximums of about 22 °C (72 °F); maximum temperatures below 20 °C (68 °F) are rare.
What do you call a person from Brisbane?
Diddams. While modern nicknames include “Brissie” and the “River City”. The demonym of Brisbane is “Brisbanite”. The city is named for the Brisbane River on which it stands, which is in turn named for Sir Thomas Brisbane, the governor of New South Wales at the time of the city’s founding.
Is it better to live in Brisbane or Melbourne?
Melbourne is probably a more interesting city than Brisbane but a lot of people are moving to Brisbane due to more oportunties in work, lower cost of living and house prices and warmer climate.