- 1 Can you get a train to Canberra?
- 2 Can you drive from Canberra to Brisbane?
- 3 How do I get from Melbourne to Canberra by train?
- 4 How much does it cost to go to Canberra by train?
- 5 Can we use Opal card in Canberra?
- 6 What town is halfway between Canberra and Brisbane?
- 7 What is there to see between Sydney and Brisbane?
- 8 Where do you stop on the way to Canberra?
- 9 Does XPT go to Canberra?
- 10 Can I go to Canberra from NSW?
- 11 Where do you stop on the way to Canberra from Melbourne?
- 12 Can I use my Opal card on the XPT?
Can you get a train to Canberra?
Canberra has a picturesque direct rail service from Sydney. Departing from Sydney Central Station, the daily service travels to Canberra via the Southern Highlands, Goulburn and Bungendore. Terminating at the Canberra Railway Station in Kingston, the trip takes a leisurely four-and-a-half hours.
Can you drive from Canberra to Brisbane?
The direct drive from Canberra to Brisbane is 737 miles (1186 km), and should have a drive time of 11 hrs 25 mins in normal traffic.
How do I get from Melbourne to Canberra by train?
No, there is no direct train from Melbourne to Canberra station. However, there are services departing from Southern Cross and arriving at Canberra Station via Goulburn Station. The journey, including transfers, takes approximately 11h 20m.
How much does it cost to go to Canberra by train?
Tickets cost $45 – $65 and the journey takes 3h 30m. Greyhound Australia also services this route once daily. Alternatively, NSW TrainLink operates a train from Central Station to Canberra Station every 4 hours. Tickets cost $35 – $55 and the journey takes 4h 8m.
Can we use Opal card in Canberra?
No, as it is outside the Opal card boundaries. You can book by telephone – within Australia 13 22 32 for the price of a local call, seven days a week 0700 to 2200 hours, or book online at NSW Transport (Regional). Rail is a great way to travel to Canberra.
What town is halfway between Canberra and Brisbane?
The city at the geographic halfway point from Brisbane, Australia to Canberra, Australia is Tamworth, Australia.
What is there to see between Sydney and Brisbane?
Where should I stop between Brisbane and Sydney?
- Blue Mountains. The UNESCO Heritage wonderland is only 2 hours north of Sydney, and an overnight stay will allow you time to visit the best lookouts and take in a couple of walks.
- Hunter Valley.
- Port Stephens.
- Port Macquarie.
- South West Rocks.
- Coffs Harbour.
Where do you stop on the way to Canberra?
A Complete Sydney to Canberra Road Trip Itinerary
- Breakfast in Bowral.
- The Bradman Museum.
- Lake George Lookout.
- National Capital Exhibition.
- Lake Burley Griffin.
- Australian War Memorial.
- Mount Ainslie Lookout.
- Dinner in Civic.
Does XPT go to Canberra?
Train timetable Sydney to Canberra (connecting to Wagga Wagga) (NSW Trainlink) These NSW Trainlink trains are not running: the Sydney-Dubbo XPT the Wednesday/Thursday Sydney-Griffith XPLorer and two of the three daily Sydney/Canberra XPLorer trains. Other trains may be running to revised timetables.
Can I go to Canberra from NSW?
The ACT Government has designated all of NSW and Victoria as COVID-19 affected areas. Non-ACT residents can’t travel to the ACT unless they have an approved exemption from ACT Health. If the ACT Government approves their exemption, they must enter quarantine for 14 days.
Where do you stop on the way to Canberra from Melbourne?
Best stops along Melbourne to Canberra drive
- Gisborne Peak Winery & Cottages. WineryFood & Drink.
- Hanging Rock. Nature preserveNature & Parks.
- Starbus Shuttle.
- Diamond Valley Railway Inc.
- Funfields Themepark.
- William Ricketts Sanctuary.
- Domaine Chandon.
- Vietnam Veterans Commemorative Walk.
Can I use my Opal card on the XPT?
With NSW TrainLink you can travel by train and coach to 365+ destinations across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and the ACT. You cannot use an Opal card for travel on these services.