- 1 Is Brisbane City Cat Free?
- 2 Can you pay cash on Brisbane City Cat?
- 3 How much does a CityCat cost?
- 4 How fast do city cats go?
- 5 Where can I catch the city cat Brisbane?
- 6 How do you pay for the ferry in Brisbane?
- 7 Can I travel without a go card?
- 8 What can I do today in Brisbane?
- 9 How often does the City Cat Run?
- 10 Does the city cat go to Lone Pine?
Is Brisbane City Cat Free?
Brisbane City Council’s CityHopper is a free inner city ferry service for the Brisbane River. You can hop on and hop off the CityHopper at six stops between North Quay and Sydney Street, New Farm. The service runs every 30 minutes between 5.30am and midnight, seven days a week.
Can you pay cash on Brisbane City Cat?
Services in South East Queensland are currently cashless. If you are paying with cash, you will need to purchase a ticket before boarding your service.
How much does a CityCat cost?
To get around zone 1 it is $5.60 per adult for a 2 hour ticket. So if you plan on getting a ferry to the CBD for example and you’ll be a few hours it will cost $5.60 each way.
How fast do city cats go?
By Bill O’Chee. It doesn’t take much. Slipping away from the wharf in the pitch black of early morning, the CityCat smoothly accelerates to its top speed of 25 knots, the river pulsating to the force of its engines.
Where can I catch the city cat Brisbane?
CityCat and ferry terminal map
- Northshore Hamilton ferry terminal.
- Apollo Road ferry terminal.
- Bretts Wharf ferry terminal.
- Teneriffe ferry terminal.
- Bulimba ferry terminal.
- Hawthorne ferry terminal.
- New Farm Park ferry terminal.
- Mowbray Park ferry terminal.
How do you pay for the ferry in Brisbane?
You can top up the balance of your Go Card at pay stations around major terminals then simply scan your card as you get on the ferry and when you get off. Your fare will automatically be deducted from the balance on your card and also display the remaining balance.
Can I travel without a go card?
If you don’t have an Opal card or contactless payment card or device, you will need to buy an Opal single trip ticket to travel.
What can I do today in Brisbane?
30 free things to do in Brisbane
- Go for a dip at Streets Beach.
- Wander through the air-conditioned halls of QAGOMA.
- Catch the CityHopper along the river.
- Explore the local farmers’ markets.
- Catch local artists free with City Sounds.
- Lie on the grass at New Farm Park.
- Wander back to The City via the Riverwalk.
How often does the City Cat Run?
The service runs between 6am and midnight, seven days a week. The CityHopper Ferry stops ONLY at the following terminals: North Quay.
Does the city cat go to Lone Pine?
River Cruise * City Cat ferries do not travel to Lone Pine.