- 1 Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
- 2 Where can I hang out in Brisbane?
- 3 What can you do in Brisbane for free?
- 4 What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
- 5 What can you do in Brisbane with friends?
- 6 What is on in Brisbane November 2020?
- 7 What is Brisbane well known for?
- 8 Which ferry is free in Brisbane?
- 9 Is the museum at Southbank free?
- 10 Is Brisbane worth visiting?
- 11 What is there to do on a Sunday morning in Brisbane?
- 12 What is something I can do today?
Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
15 weekend activities in Brisbane that won’t break the bank
- Stuff yourself silly at Eat Street.
- Seek out wildlife at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Gather your friends for a barbecue at Kangaroo Point.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour of Brisbane.
- Show your colours on game day.
- Reap the benefits of your student card at the movies.
Where can I hang out in Brisbane?
Where to go in Brisbane
- South Bank. South Bank is the star precinct in Brisbane.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary has been open since the 1920s and is the oldest and largest koala sanctuary.
- Cultural Precinct.
- Mount Coot-tha.
- Brisbane River.
- Fortitude Valley.
- Australia Zoo.
- Moreton Island.
What can you do in Brisbane for free?
30 free things to do in Brisbane
- Go for a dip at Streets Beach.
- Wander through the air-conditioned halls of QAGOMA.
- Catch the CityHopper along the river.
- Explore the local farmers’ markets.
- Catch local artists free with City Sounds.
- Lie on the grass at New Farm Park.
- Wander back to The City via the Riverwalk.
What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
The Ten Best Ways to Spend a Sunday in Brisbane
- Leftover Sundays at Depo.
- Eat Street Markets.
- Limes Rooftop Bar.
- Kettle and Tin.
- Livespark at the Powerhouse.
- Chester Street Bakery and Bar.
- Sunday Sessions on the Green at River Quay.
- Sixes and Sevens.
What can you do in Brisbane with friends?
Tick off all 93 things to do on Brisbane’s bucket list
- Go on a clock tower tour up Brisbane City Hall.
- Watch the sunrise over The City from Mt Coot-tha.
- Visit a local craft brewery.
- Night kayaking the wrecks on Moreton Island.
- Catch a gig in an old WWII hangar at The Triffid.
- Experience world-class art at QAGOMA.
What is on in Brisbane November 2020?
November Events in Brisbane
- Planning Weddings presents The Acacia Ridge Wedding & Celebrations Expo. Essential outing for Acacia Ridge couples.
- Brisbane Visual Arts Community – 2021 Arts and Craft POP-UP Shop. Showcasing QLD designed & made unique art & craft works.
- Non Stop Cent Auction.
What is Brisbane well known for?
Brisbane, the state of Queensland’s capital, is known for its youthful zeal, charming vibe and 280 days of sun a year. Australia’s third most populated city after more well-known Sydney and Melbourne, Brisbane is actually Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse destination.
Which ferry is free in Brisbane?
Brisbane City Council’s CityHopper is a free inner city ferry service for the Brisbane River. You can hop on and hop off the CityHopper at six stops between North Quay and Sydney Street, New Farm. The service runs every 30 minutes between 5.30am and midnight, seven days a week.
Is the museum at Southbank free?
The Museum is an expansive centre with five levels (0 – 4) of exhibitions to explore and entry is free! As it is situated in Southbank it is an easy trip in via public transport though if you would prefer to drive then you can park underneath at the Cultural Centre for $15 for the day.
Is Brisbane worth visiting?
Generally Brisbane is a pretty safe city – crime rates are low here compared to Melbourne, so if you’re out late in the Valley, you don’t have to worry too much about getting back to the train, etc. It’s the kind of city you visit and think: ‘Yeah, I could settle down here one day’.
What is there to do on a Sunday morning in Brisbane?
I would suggest walking across the river (about 10mins) and checking out the Southbank Markets. There’s plenty there to fill some time, also close to Grey Street which is full of eateries of all sorts. If you want to or have kids there is a man made beach there, museum and a couple of art galleries.
What is something I can do today?
25 Easy (and Free) Things You Can Do Today to Shake Up Your Life
- Test drive your dream car.
- Go to lunch with someone you barely know.
- Perform a random act of kindness.
- Move your furniture around.
- Throw stuff away.
- Start a meditation practice.
- Take a different route.
- Send a thank-you note.