- 1 Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
- 2 What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
- 3 What can you do in Brisbane for free?
- 4 What should I do tonight Brisbane?
- 5 Is Brisbane worth visiting?
- 6 What is Brisbane known for?
- 7 What is there to do on a Sunday morning in Brisbane?
- 8 Which ferry is free in Brisbane?
- 9 What can you do for free?
- 10 Is the museum at Southbank free?
- 11 Is Brisbane safe at night?
- 12 What is there to do in Brisbane after 5pm?
Where can I go this weekend in Brisbane?
15 weekend activities in Brisbane that won’t break the bank
- Stuff yourself silly at Eat Street.
- Seek out wildlife at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
- Gather your friends for a barbecue at Kangaroo Point.
- Get spooked on a ghost tour of Brisbane.
- Show your colours on game day.
- Reap the benefits of your student card at the movies.
What is there to do on a Sunday in Brisbane?
The Ten Best Ways to Spend a Sunday in Brisbane
- Leftover Sundays at Depo.
- Eat Street Markets.
- Limes Rooftop Bar.
- Kettle and Tin.
- Livespark at the Powerhouse.
- Chester Street Bakery and Bar.
- Sunday Sessions on the Green at River Quay.
- Sixes and Sevens.
What can you do in Brisbane for free?
30 free things to do in Brisbane
- Go for a dip at Streets Beach.
- Wander through the air-conditioned halls of QAGOMA.
- Catch the CityHopper along the river.
- Explore the local farmers’ markets.
- Catch local artists free with City Sounds.
- Lie on the grass at New Farm Park.
- Wander back to The City via the Riverwalk.
What should I do tonight Brisbane?
From pubs and painting to galleries and games, here’s 11 things to do in Brisbane at night.
- Stuff your stomach.
- Paddles and prawns.
- Head to Howard Smith Wharves.
- Watch a movie under the stars.
- Go to the game via Caxton Street.
- Get your game on.
- Cancel your curfew with GOMA Up Late.
- Scale the Story Bridge.
Is Brisbane worth visiting?
Generally Brisbane is a pretty safe city – crime rates are low here compared to Melbourne, so if you’re out late in the Valley, you don’t have to worry too much about getting back to the train, etc. It’s the kind of city you visit and think: ‘Yeah, I could settle down here one day’.
What is Brisbane known for?
A diverse city with 32.2% of its metropolitan population being foreign-born, Brisbane is classified as a global city (Beta +), and ranks highly in ratings of liveable cities. Brisbane is known for its distinct Queenslander architecture, its spring Jacaranda blossoms, and its outdoor dining and cuisine culture.
What is there to do on a Sunday morning in Brisbane?
I would suggest walking across the river (about 10mins) and checking out the Southbank Markets. There’s plenty there to fill some time, also close to Grey Street which is full of eateries of all sorts. If you want to or have kids there is a man made beach there, museum and a couple of art galleries.
Which ferry is free in Brisbane?
Brisbane City Council’s CityHopper is a free inner city ferry service for the Brisbane River. You can hop on and hop off the CityHopper at six stops between North Quay and Sydney Street, New Farm. The service runs every 30 minutes between 5.30am and midnight, seven days a week.
What can you do for free?
15 Free or Cheap Things to Do
- Go to a museum, aquarium or zoo. Many aquariums, museums and zoos waive admission fees on certain days.
- Read a book. Dive into a new book or revisit an old favorite.
- Catch a movie.
- Play, or watch, a game.
- Visit the farmers market.
- Go thrift shopping.
- Spend time outdoors.
Is the museum at Southbank free?
The Museum is an expansive centre with five levels (0 – 4) of exhibitions to explore and entry is free! As it is situated in Southbank it is an easy trip in via public transport though if you would prefer to drive then you can park underneath at the Cultural Centre for $15 for the day.
Is Brisbane safe at night?
Brisbane is a safe and vibrant 24-hour city but in any big city, crime does happen. The safety of all residents and visitors is paramount to the QPS.
What is there to do in Brisbane after 5pm?
26 things to do after dark around Brisbane
- Twilight Kayak Adventure.
- Look to the stars.
- Picnic by the river.
- Drown yourself in food at Eat Street Northshore.
- Get spooked with ghost tours.
- It’s a kayak life for me.
- Paint and Sip.
- Climb into the night.