- 1 How long does it take to drive from Brisbane to Whitsundays?
- 2 Can you drive to the Whitsundays?
- 3 What Australian state is the Whitsundays closest to?
- 4 How do I get from Brisbane to Long Island Whitsundays?
- 5 Are the Whitsundays worth visiting?
- 6 How many days do you need in Whitsundays?
- 7 Is it safe to swim in the Whitsundays?
- 8 Are there crocodiles in the Whitsundays?
- 9 Are there Box jellyfish in the Whitsundays?
- 10 Where should I stay when visiting the Whitsundays?
- 11 Can you stay on Whitsunday Island?
- 12 Who owns Titan Island Whitsundays?
- 13 How do I get to Whitehaven Beach from Brisbane?
- 14 How do you get to Long Island Qld?
- 15 How do you get to Hayman Island from Brisbane?
How long does it take to drive from Brisbane to Whitsundays?
Driving directly takes about 13 hours. The fastest road follows the coast and passes through the Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton, and Mackay. Longer inland routes are also possible, but these may be less appealing to travelers.
Can you drive to the Whitsundays?
Whitsundays by Road The Bruce Highway is a major highway running from Brisbane to Cairns. The Airlie Beach turn off is one kilometre north of Proserpine and is then a 20km trip into the beach town. The highway to Proserpine and the road into Cannonvale, Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour is suitable for all vehicles.
What Australian state is the Whitsundays closest to?
The Whitsundays is an archipelago of 74 tropical islands located just 55 kilometres (34 miles) off the Queensland coast, next to the Great Barrier Reef.
How do I get from Brisbane to Long Island Whitsundays?
The best way to get from Brisbane to Long Island is to fly which takes 5h 35m and costs $180 – $420. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs $170 – $420 and takes 23h 30m.
Are the Whitsundays worth visiting?
Even if you don’t take a boat tour but just take the ferry to Hamilton Island, visiting the Whitsundays is expensive. So as budget travelers it was definitely more than we usually spend. But it’s an incredibly beautiful place! So we would say yes it is worth visiting the Whitsundays.
How many days do you need in Whitsundays?
If you want to get a good overall picture of the Whitsundays and enjoy the resort too, you might want to consider staying 5 days or longer.
Is it safe to swim in the Whitsundays?
For half the year, it is advised to swim in the Whitsundays’ waters with a stinger suit, unless swimming in freshwater. Due to increased temperatures, there is an increase in marine stingers that can be harmful and potentially deadly.
Are there crocodiles in the Whitsundays?
Crocodiles. Large, salt-water (estuarine) crocodiles live in the waters around the Whitsundays and can attack without warning. Old adults can be nearly 4m in length. These predators are present and hunting at most times of the year, but particularly around summer wet seasons, and are difficult to see in the water.
Are there Box jellyfish in the Whitsundays?
Remember, though many species of jellyfish are harmless, we must be very aware that the Irukandji, box jellyfish and other more dangerous species are found in the Whitsundays.
Where should I stay when visiting the Whitsundays?
Where to stay
- Camp Island. Your very own private island.
- Daydream Island Resort & Living Reef. Just 30 minutes away from the Whitsundays mainland.
- Hamilton Island. A spectacular holiday destination.
- InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. A secluded piece of paradise.
- Long Island. Two amazing accommodations to choose from.
Can you stay on Whitsunday Island?
About Whitsunday Islands Only seven of the islands in the group have accommodation options, ranging from camping on Hook Island to exclusive private island resorts. So don’t be put off by the photos of perfect beaches and calm seas, the best places to stay in the Whitsunday Islands come in every price bracket.
Who owns Titan Island Whitsundays?
The Bloxsom family, which operates real estate and valuation businesses in Brisbane, owns Titan Island in the Whitsundays, for the exclusive use of family members.
How do I get to Whitehaven Beach from Brisbane?
The best way to get from Brisbane to Whitehaven Beach is to fly which takes 3h 10m and costs $140 – $340. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs $100 – $350 and takes 20h 9m.
How do you get to Long Island Qld?
The easiest way to get to Long Island is to fly into Hamilton Island Airport, then take a transfer with Cruise Whitsundays to the Port of Airlie where you will then be transferred to Shute Harbour for your water taxi transfer to Long Island.
How do you get to Hayman Island from Brisbane?
Via Proserpine Whitsunday Coast Airport Virgin Australia operates services from Brisbane into Proserpine Airport. Jetstar operates services from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane into Proserpine Airport. Guests connect to a coach transfer from Proserpine Airport to Port of Airlie followed by a boat transfer to Hayman.